Parag Parbhoo founded the business in 1933 after he arrived from India.

At the tender age of 15 years, his son Ambaram joined the business in 1945. Back in those days, Ambaram would cycle to the military camp on Wynberg Hill to deliver and fetch boots. Some repairs would cost a shilling and 5 pennies (about 15 cents).

Ambaram always strived for excellence in his work and thus built up his reputation, having the work come from far and wide.

This tradition has carried on by having his son's Jairaj and Dipak joining the business as well. This combined input has certainly excelled the business to where it is today.

Pictured right: Ambaram (seated), Dipak (left) and Jairaj.